1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Governator bans texting while driving in Calif.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Neither does texting.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I agree.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Driving has never felt the same after that.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like using my phone's speaker system when I have to talk hands-free. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I'm alone in the car so it works.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Sorry, couldn't resist.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Congratulations on being the world's greatest texter, then.

To think you can hit all those keys without looking at them, with one hand always on the wheel, and without even thinking about what you are texting is one hell of a feat.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Because nobody thinks about anything but driving when behind the wheel.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God I hope you're kidding.

I don't know anyone who has to look at the keys to text. And I REALLY don't know anyone who needs two hands to text. And me thinking about what I'm texting is no different than a housefrau thinking about what she needs to get at the grocery store.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have to look at the keys. That's why I always bring my dog in the car with me, so he'll keep an eye on the road for me.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They do.

And 2.5 million people get injured and 42,000 die because of it.

Just because you may be able to juggle and play the kazoo while driving doesn't mean you should.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to let mine steer the wheel. I figure if I controlled the pedals, we'd be OK.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So you never think about anything but driving while driving? I find that hard to believe.

Even without texting or talking on the phone, my mind wanders. I think about the story I wrote last night, when I'll see my friends again, what I want to eat, etc., all while driving. And yet I still make sure to check my mirrors, keep an eye on the speedometer, use my turn signals and not die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.