1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Governator bans texting while driving in Calif.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Arnold's thumbs are too big to text message.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, talking on your cell phone without using a hands-free device was made illegal.

Cell phones weren't banned. Texting wasn't banned, either. Now (or, at least in January), it is.

It was a loophole that, for some inexplicable reason, nobody in Sacto had the foresight to close before they sent the bill to Arnold.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Anyone that drives while texting or talking on a cell phone is a total asshole, no different than someone that drives drunk. When you're behind the wheel of a 4000 pound weapon, concentrate on driving. If your conversation is that critical, pull over. Otherwise keep your brain on the road.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I prefer to text while driving drunk.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bad, bad idea. You might text your wife instead of your girlfriend by mistake.

6. lono

lono Active Member

What's next? A ban on road head? :eek:

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Drunk texting the wife is bad. I'm divorced now so it's cool. Drunk texting the ex is much more fun.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. You're good then.

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

dr wf u sk :( i wnt my cds btch

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

All for the selfish want of some inane conversation, you endanger other people and cause everyone's insurance rates to go up.

11. KP

KP Active Member

I hope none of you eat or drink in the car as well.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never eat. Put a cup of soda in the cup holder. Taking an occasional sip it is an automated reflex. Does not require concentration or taking both hands off the wheel or taking eyes off the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.