1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gov. Richardson is in for 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 21, 2007.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

What I meant was, isn't he in favor of some legalization?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, if Dems do elect a Mormon, they'll be crossing party lines in droves. Romney is a Republican.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Richardson is absolutely the most intelligent and most qualified of the Democratic candidates.

Even if he doesn't win the nomination, he's a great option for VP. A true policy guy who has a track record of getting things done. His views on immigration will be very important in this discussion.

New Mexico is a state the Democrats absolutely have to win this time. Hopefully Richardson will be in the No. 1 or No. 2 slot, which will wrap up New Mexico. With the convention in Denver and a wave of Democratic momentum the last few years in Colorado, that's another state the Dems should carry.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nevada and Montana go Democrat this time as well.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Montana went for Clinton. The right candidate (not anti-gun) will win fairly easily.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Heard this was going to happen and it absolutely makes my day. And I'm perfectly fine with him being under the radar now, because those Democrats on the radar will likely flame out before Super Tuesday.

Richardson will help in the South and in another important region -- the Rocky Mountain states.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Of the Democratic candidates of whom we know something (eveyone beside Obama), I think he's most qualified and would be least damaging to the country. Hadn't he said he wouldn't run though? I'm glad he changed his mind.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nope, you're thinking of the previous New Mexico governor, Johnson.

One major reason why Richardson should get the vote: he's got incredible diplomatic connections with the North Koreans and recently visited the Sudan on a diplomatic trip. He's the one guy who can seriously help repair American perception across the world.

And why Richardson should get the SportsJournalists.com vote: he's a former baseball player and a huge sports fan.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

As much as I can live with him, these are really bad reasons. He was a part of the wine & dine & sign & ignore NK policy that led to the current mess. Everyone makes mistake, but don't advertise them.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm thinking Ohio and its 20 votes are a little more important than the five electoral votes one would get from New Mexico.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, I was kidding about the sports fan thing. Shoulda put a smiley after it, I suppose.

I'm not following you on how he messed up North Korea. He's practically the only American the North Koreans will talk to. Can you expound on your argument?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully after seeing what the current administration is like, people vote in the primaries for the best candidate on the issues, not the best candidate to have a beer with (or the best candidate to beat the Republicans). If they vote on the issues and qualifications Richardson will win the nomination.

Draft saved Draft deleted