1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gov Paterson Please Pick Up The White Courtesy Phone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 26, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Boy, and here all this time I thought the immature dimwit we have currently sitting as mayor of Pittsburgh was the most idiotic politician in the land.......

2. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

New York's kind of the General Electric of dimwit politicians. We have an exceptionally deep bench and recruit excellent new prospects every year.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

not too sure Paterson could find his a hole with a funnel

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's going to be one hell of a ride if he doesn't resign before his term is up.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The malfeasance of NYS politicians has reached stunning heights.

6. YankeeFan

Is the State Senate still Republican controlled, or did they finally lose that too?

Also, if he resigns, has the Constitutionality of his appointment of Ravithc as Lt. Gov. been resolved.

They could be in for another Constitutional crisis if he's forced to resign.

And while Cuomo now doesn't have to face a primary, the whole stink of this has to carry over to him in the general.

I think he's going to be in trouble. To me, two of the biggest electoral surprises -- even before Scott Brown's victory, and unheralded compared to the Gov. races in NJ & Virginia -- was the Democratic, incumbent County Executives in Westchester & Nassau getting defeated.

For a Dem to win state wide in NY, they've got to win NYC's suburbs. When you turn Wall Street, bankers, and successful people in general into the enemy, you're not going to win either of these counties.

As liberal as many of them are, they're sick of getting beat up & paying the bills for the rest of the state.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"How we doing boys?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Illinois will see your dimwits and raise you a Blago.

9. YankeeFan

I'm so upset the pawn broker dropped out of the Lt. Gov. race.

10. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I think the Great State of Texas would like to have a say in this matter:

[​IMG]

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Would be shocked if Cuomo lost this -- and I posted here that Brown would win,
    the day before the election. He's been pointing to this for a while,
    has cleaned up his public act after years of being a petulant brat, and seems ready. This is as far as I'd like to see him go, but OK with him winning this.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The Skibbereen Eagle is keeping its eye on the Tsar......(just kidding).

Draft saved Draft deleted