1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gov Paterson: " I Can See"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 25, 2008.

1. The funniest thing Joe Kennedy ever said was when he was running for Congress and he was asked about smoking dope and he said, "I could say I never inhaled but nobody in this room would believe me."
    Obama's line about inhaling -- "That was sort of the point." -- sn't bad, either.
    I will vote for the first candidate who confesses to have taken mushrooms -- preferably less than an hour earlier.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"My father Basil invented the bong." / Gov David Patterson

3. No chance, Boom.
    I know the guy who invented the bong.
    I was on the Product Testing line.

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Work work work, work work work, hello boys, how ya doing, I missed you ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. That was not a phony-baloney job.
    I worked very hard.
    Worked a lot of overtime.
    Listened to a lot of King Crimson.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn, Fen, I didn't know you were "dancing under the moonlight"?

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Smoking marijuana was a campaign crusher twenty years ago when such an acknowledgement pretty much cost you the 45 yr old and above vote that had never smoked pot. Nowadays, when virtually everyone 65 and under has puffed the magic dragon at some point, I don't think people even blink at that.

Snorting coke? A little different story--less of the population has done it; people have read that others have died from doing it; probably not gonna get away unscathed if you admit that.

Marital infideility? Despite the 50% of marriages ending in divorce and people perhaps understanding from a personal standpoint how that can occur, I think that calls into question the ability to trust in a candidate; a question of integrity. That's more costly than any drug use/abuse short of John Daly running for president.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Agree with the pot smoking. Coke, it probably depends on how long ago the use happened. If it was in the last couple of years, it would be a bigger factor than if it occured 20 years ago.

Marital infidelity to me depends on the candidate. If a candidate preaches morals and votes on laws that restrict how others live their lives (like abortion, gay marriage), they are going to get hammered if they are caught cheating on their wife. It's the hypocrisy factor. If you have a rather candidate who says, "I don't judge you, don't judge me," he'll probably get more of a pass.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Jose Canseco says he introduced ARod to Governor Paterson.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fixed for historical accuracy

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

too funny. ;D ;D ;D

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was responsible for WW I / Gov David Paterson

Draft saved Draft deleted