1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gotta be the Mets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm thinking there are probably a few other contenders for the title of Most Hedonistic, Destructive Party in Sports History.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have a brother-in-law who in the '80s managed an all-night deli in Port Washington on Long Island. His stories of those Mets roaring/stumbling into the place at 3 a.m. in search of big sandwiches, fries and onion rings are most entertaining.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Weird timing. I have been reading Jeff Pearlman's book on the '86 Mets. Old book, but I never had any interest. I hated that team. I grew up a Yankees fan, but it was less than that than that I just viscerally disliked so many players on that team. It was the worst World Series for me with them and Boston.

A few references to Port Washington in that book, Gee -- one particular bar they hung out in.

Draft saved Draft deleted