1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got your Christmas lights up yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I prefer the multi-colored ones. As long as they don't blink.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I done seen houses done up all in red lights. Not the orangeish red, but deep blood red. Creepiest effing thing I've ever seen, especially considering I was moderately lost in the Southern Tier of New York in the middle of the night.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We've got 5 or 6 of the spiral lighted trees lining our driveway and a santa display in the front yard. That's it right now.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

All white here. The fiancee thinks "they look more elegant." I just think it's easier for me to buy them when she asks: I can't screw up.

Personally, I miss the old big bulbs circe 1960. You know, the HUGE multi-coloured ones?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

alll white ones here and the wire deer...

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I live by myself in an apartment above a law firm, so there will be no Christmas lights.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

White in the front to better light the driveway/sidewalk, multi-colored in the back.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I used to have Christmas lights, but those got trashed in my move. I need new ones to hang on the deck.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

We got one of those artificial trees with lights already on it a few years ago. Very easy to put up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

My parents don't put a tree up until Dec. 14, which is my sister's birthday. Understandable, since it's a real tree. That's always been the tradition, and going shopping for the tree after my parents got home from work but before we had my sister's cake was a great, warm tradition, but after nearly a decade living with my wife, I like doing it earlier. It allows the season to build instead of feeling like OKAY IT'S DEC. 14 TIME TO START THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS NOW NOW NOW!!!

10. Christmas with the Bates Family!
    Weekend after US Thanksgiving, largely because the Tall Son was around to help, and because it was 58 degrees. Carpe diem.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Loved those when I was a kid. Don't see 'em around much anymore, though.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My daughter's birthday is Dec. 10, so we don't do any Christmas stuff except hang the lights before then. We're in the process of putting up the lights now. All green, and they're the big 1960s kind SoSueMe likes.

The first year we lived in this neighborhood, one of the neighbors rented a cherry picker. We all chipped in and all the houses had lights in about 3 hours. That was fuckin' awesome. Haven't done it since.

Draft saved Draft deleted