1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got to hand it to Joey Porter.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 18, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He really was a damn good player for a while, but once again the Steelers let a guy go at exactly the right time. He is no longer worth the bullshit.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm sure Parcells is loving these idiotic quotes.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I love when people start wringing their hands every time a player doesn't spout prepacked, coach-scripted quotes.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sad to see that he's just a has been at this point. And quotes from has beens are not worth the same.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Such a big mouth, yet still can't get a shaq-sized foot removed. To continue the echo, it'd be nice if these quotes came from someone relevant.

8. outofplace

I actually think it is funny, but also kind of sad now that he is no longer the impact player he was in Pittsburgh.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He always sucked.

He makes one great play to every nine crap ones.

10. outofplace

I am always amazed at just how much you dislike Porter. I think he was better than you give him credit for, though I admit that Dick LeBeau's scheme made him look a lot better than he really was.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know. I am probably very biased when looking at him.

I was always taught to sit down and STFU, and do not ever be the first idiot to open their mouth. You just need to be sure you can be the last person to open their mouth if you so choose to do so.

Joey Porter = Hollywood Henderson

12. outofplace

I'm not a fan of the trash talking, either. But really, Greg LLoyd and Kevin Greene were much bigger douchebags off the field than Porter has ever been.

Draft saved Draft deleted