1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got my W-2 today ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tardreedo, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, the day I complained about not getting any W-2s, I got the first one. Still waiting on my ex-employers at Crack Barrel to send me that one so I can get this thing done. Could be looking at a $950 refund with the San Juan Hill rebate, but since CB didn't take out a lot of taxes, it'll probably bring me down some. Still, with $150 in the checking account and my next paycheck all but spoken for between rent, financial aid and cable, I can use whatever Uncle Sam intends to throw my way, lemme tells ya.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Got my Crack Barrel W-2s less than an hour ago. And when I said it might bring me down, it really brought medown. Since they only withheld 24 fucking dollars out of a $3,616 yearly wage, my federal tax refund went from around $920 to $414, and my state taxes went from a $50 refund to a $120 payment.

Lesson learned: Make the part-time jobs take out taxes even if you make less than 100 bucks in a pay period. I got paid weekly, and most of my checks were in the $65-90 range, where they took nothing out. If I get another PT job, they're taking shit out whether they want to or not. And I kind of need another PT job, because I was hoping for around $1,000 to add to the checking account, not $300.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go Google that "suicide contestability clause" Moddy referenced in another thread ...

3. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

I made just under $60,000 last year and I want/deserve more!

Draft saved Draft deleted