1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got my money's worth from SI the last couple weeks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Dec 29, 2007.

1. accguy

accguy Member

I'm all of two issues into my new subscription. I used some coke rewards points (maybe 350 or something like that) for a free 6-month subscription.

I hadn't subscribed for probably at least 5 years. We'll see if I re-up, but that's a pretty good deal. Free is good.

2. EE94

EE94 Guest

I take it no one else sees the irony in some of these postings

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Every few years SI sends me one of those 'professional courtesy' discount forms at work -- like $20 for a year or something.

Every time I get it, I fill it out and subscribe. Then every year when it's time to re-up -- which I'd be happy to do forever at that rate -- it requires about 15 minutes on the phone trying to explain how I got the rate initially.

I don't even bother with it anymore. I'll stick to the free Sporting Newses and ESPN The Rag.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

A football phone might bring me back, though.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Sneakerphone!

Draft saved Draft deleted