1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got McNabb? No? Who cares!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 17, 2006.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm guessing fine, not suspension. If it is a suspension, he could always appeal ... then his 2007 team would have to worry about it.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. Besides, no one's ever been suspended for loogies (so far as I can recall), only fined.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cleveland's nightmare Super Bowl: Ravens -v- Eagles. Ravens lose, but Jeff Garcia wins MVP.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

To use a T.O. thought here, just fining him? That's gay. If it look like a loogie, and smell like a loogie ...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This would be a good time to start. It seems to me there was a lot more fuss when Bill Romanowski did the same thing to J. J. Stokes. Though Romanowski may be one of the few NFL players I've seen that I dislike even more than Owens.

6. boots

boots New Member

If Garcia wins the MVP, would he wear a tutu?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bullshit ... Garcia almost cost the Eagles that game with his taunting penalty followed by a horrible INT. He's just lucky the Giants' secondary couldn't cover a tackling dummy. Seriously, the next time the Giants' secondary stops someone on third-and-long will be the first.

The Giants also committed four turnovers in the game which led to 21 points. I have a hard time getting all frothy mouthed over the play of Jeff Garcia when three of the Eagles' touchdown drives began inside Giants territory.

Brandon Jacobs has had some decent games this year, but if Tiki Barber couldn't "slice and dice" the Eagles' defense, I don't think Jacobs was going to (he also was a bit gimpy throughout much of the game).

That said, Coughlin is an awful coach and I'm not sure why people have ever thought he was good. He brought the Jags to the AFC Championship one year and has been living off that ever since. He's apparently the only person in football who doesn't see that Eli Manning plays much better in the no-huddle offense than the rest of the time. Why he hasn't started throwing in some no-huddle in the middle of the half is beyond me.

I sincerely believe Coughlin is the reason Barber is retiring at the end of the season.

[/end fanboy looser rant]

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What are the odds on the Montreal Alouettes winning the NFC?

9. boots

boots New Member

A tad lower than Jeff Garcia asking to go down on you.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Tom Coughlin the worst coach in football? He has a guy like Brandon Jacobs, who is like 6-4, 250, and gives him the ball once? I mean sure he fumbled, but that was just a good tackle with the helmet on the ball. Jacobs would have sliced and diced the Eagles defense and I'm an Eagles' fan. Thank you Tom Coughlin from all Eagles fans!
    [/quote]

Brandon Jacobs has had some decent games this year, but if Tiki Barber couldn't "slice and dice" the Eagles' defense, I don't think Jacobs was going to (he also was a bit gimpy throughout much of the game).

That said, Coughlin is an awful coach and I'm not sure why people have ever thought he was good. He brought the Jags to the AFC Championship one year and has been living off that ever since. He's apparently the only person in football who doesn't see that Eli Manning plays much better in the no-huddle offense than the rest of the time. Why he hasn't started throwing in some no-huddle in the middle of the half is beyond me.

I sincerely believe Coughlin is the reason Barber is retiring at the end of the season.

[/end fanboy looser rant]
    [/quote]

Barber sure made that touchdown look easy. Small backs don't seem to run well against the Eagles like they used to. It's the big backs that give them so much trouble because their linebackers (except Trotter) are all so small. I was shocked Jacobs didn't get the ball 10-15 times. I really thought he could have run all over their D, but thanks to Coughlin we'll never know. Thanks Tom!

11. boots

boots New Member

It's not you. Tom Couglin is pretty fucked up.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

May TO take it like Ned Beatty, Ving Rhames and Jake Gyllenhaal if the SFC (courtesy Mr. Wu) and his boys go into Dallas and win.

Draft saved Draft deleted