1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got blood?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, Sep 10, 2009.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Used to be a pheresis donor. Now that the kids are both in school, I should have resumed it several years ago. Thanks for the nudge, hacksaw.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thirded, as recipient of donated tissue myself. I had a corneal transplant a few years back. Without it, I'd be well on my way to going blind by now.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I had to sit out a year after traveling to a part of Mexico where there was a malaria threat. I can't imagine them not telling you why. You should give them a call for specifics.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'll do that, though I can't imagine they'll be quick to welcome me back considering my current location.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I jumped in on the tissue donor thing earlier, but I wanted to share a little reminder of how easily this all can hit home.

A day ago, my mother fell and ripped open her knee. She is in the hospital, but ok. I live in another state, so I spent a good part of yesterday getting here and being with her. She has needed a couple of transfusions because she did lose a lot of blood. Thanks again to the donors. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted