1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gored. In. The. Throat.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 22, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They do fight back. They run into our cars in the middle of the night. And despite living in one of the nation's happiest hunting grounds I see no shortage of deer.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

That photo reminds me of what happens to Timothy Dalton at the end of Hot Fuzz.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Everytime I go to the rodeo when it swings through town, I wear a Chicago Bulls t-shirt.

I always pull for the animals.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Remember the joke:

Rugged Texan on vacation in Spain, goes to a restaurant. Sees a dinner being brought to the next table, two large, luscious meatballs, smells great. His mouth is watering. He asks the waiter what it is.
    The waiter says: "Those are bull testicles. They are a delicacy. They are delicious."
    The Texan says: "I'm willing to try anything once. That's what I'll have."
    Waiter says: "I'm sorry, sir. We only have one serving a night. But if you want to come back tomorrow, I will reserve them for you."
    The Texan agrees and comes back the next night. He arrives, the waiter brings him his order.
    The Texas says: "Wait a minute. These are scrawny and dried up. They are nothing like the bull testicles from last night"
    The waiter says: "I am sorry, senor. But sometimes the bull, he wins."

5. Not to thread jack this but what is your reaction to seeing a photo like that on the cover of a newspaper at your doorstep first thing in the morning? Yuck.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Good one.

Hey, if an idiot wants to fight a freakin' bull, go for it. But don't expect a pity party if the bull decides to take matters into his own hands.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I always root for the animals in bullfighting, rodeos, etc. Since they're not participating voluntarily, I appreciate it when they get a few shots in.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Think of them as thieves instead of Bambi and they're much easier to hate.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Give the deer a way to fight back and they're eating us for dinner. Or we're alive and eating salad every meal. Fuck that.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about mountain climbers.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Da Bulls!

Draft saved Draft deleted