1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize, Oscar and Emmy in a single year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Yasser is to peace what Al is to ozone, so I guess it works.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

brilliant.

3. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

If Castro can just hang in there one more year he should be able to get one too.

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Osama is using fluorescents in his videos. Way to go, Al! You did it! You saved earth! Of course, an entire ecosystem will be destroyed when they dig the hole to bury your fat ass, but way to go, buddy!

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and how's the search for osama coming along?

tell your brother yawn i said hello.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just thank God that the Supremes named W president in 2000. Imagine where we'd be if AlGore were running the show.

7. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Totally off topic, but Ole Danbolt Mjoes is one of the greatest names ever. It sounds like a Southern car dealership.

"Come pick up your new Silverado at Ole Danbolt Mjoes! On the Beltline."

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Arafat shared 1/3 the prize in 1994 with the leadership of Israel - Peres and Rabin - for their "efforts on behalf of peace" in the Middle East. If you're going to say that Arafat was a bad choice, are you prepared to say likewise about Rabin and Peres?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Arafat being any part of a "peace" prize is absurd. Are you prepared to say otherwise?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn, joe friday, whatcha gettin' at?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm prepared to say that the Nobel "Peace Prize" is a pretty fluid sociopolitical instrument, with a variable standard, the winners of which can sometimes seem pretty outrageous when viewed from a distance. Kissinger?

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Al Gore is overweight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.