1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize, Oscar and Emmy in a single year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

You're the reason our country is sucking on failure.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I voted 1.1 million times in Tennessee? I think I would remember that.

3. It's nice to see him receive some recognition for his work in ridding the world of Manbearpig.

I'm super serial!

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Lots of heads just exploded.
    This is like the worst possible nightmare for some on the right.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Did Gore win the Nobel Prize for advertising, too? Should have, since that's what his global warming crusade boils down to -- buy carbon offsets from Al Gore's foundation, and everything will be OK. Props to the man for getting up off the mat after 2000, sure. But I still wouldn't vote for him for dogcatcher.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sadly, we've been "sucking failure" for the last 7 years.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Maybe Al can take some of the Nobel money and pay his $30,000-a-year electric bill. I mean, I know Tipper is making grilled cheese-and-Spam on the George Foreman 26 times a day, but they're using enough juice to power half of Montana right there.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and bush is sending our kids to find weapons of mass destruction.

your fucking point?

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Nice try at a parallel, although Bush has never denied that there's a war going on in Iraq. Unlike Mr. Green Al, who wastes more valuable resources than any private consumer in the state of Tennessee.

Gore is a hypocrite, plain and simple, and Republicans are PRAYING he'll endorse the eventual Dem candidate hard-core -- because that'll seal the deal for us.

11. GoDeacs

GoDeacs New Member

Merits of Gore's interpretation of global warming aside, how did his work fall under the category of peace? I'm not tying to be a smart-ass and I'm not embarking on some political game of gotcha, but I just don't get the relevance of this to peace.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, i wasn't trying to parallel anydamnedthing. bush kills kids, while gore speaks of saving the earth then spends too much on electricity.

one attempts to do good, the other sends our kids to their deaths. jesus christ, if you are slow, i can use flash cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.