1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore rips Bush on Iraq ... not what you think.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

dog, no downers please. We just got done celebrating the anniversary of Mission Accomplished last month.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes! Thank you, someone needed to post that.

Tony, have you ever felt one way about something, then saw things differently 15 years down the line? I'm guessing that it had to happen somewhere during your lifetime. Well, it happens. And it's usually because the world changes with us.

1992 ... 2007. Then ... now. He spoke what he felt was the truth then. He's speaking what he feels is the truth now. A lot probably happened in those 15 years to help shape those views, too.

Hell, what if Gore called O.J. Simpson a good guy in 1992, would you call him a hypocrite? Or would you say he's changed his mind, based on new information (i.e. the Trial of the Century) available to him?

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did you listen? Most of what he's talking about is still very relevant and unchanged by the facts on the ground. Of course he can change his mind, it just depresses me how right he was then, how wrong he is now, and how transparently partisan the reason for his growth is.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thanks. What's he say for the other 9 minues, 2 seconds of the video?

7. Out of the ring in a blanket.

Draft saved Draft deleted