1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore rips Bush on Iraq ... not what you think.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 12, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

tony, you look dumber and dumber as this thread goes on.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Nice try, but I'm not going to -- and I'm sure Gore didn't in his remarks -- limit the window to 1992.

Did the Reagan/Bush tenure start in 1992?

Paging ambassador April Glaspie!

Pretty sure this happened before 1992, too:

[​IMG]

A free skate? Says who? You?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/26/international/middleeast/26KAY.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5070&en=bb691814b005e6e8&ex=1181880000

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Asshattery. Simple asshattery.
    Now I know how Limbaugh remains on the airwaves.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

You've not read one response anyone has given you, have you? You're either profoundly stupid or a total asshole. Either way, you're not worth the time.

5. My sound is off, can somebody break this down for me easily?

I've tried to comprehend what's going on, but to no luck.

Thanks

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I like it when tony starts rolling on one of these Iraq threads. The sheer ignorance on display is astounding. He's got no idea what's actually happening over there and has broken the situation down to its absolute simplest form: We fight terrorists + We're fighting in Iraq = Iraq has always been filled with terrorists.

God forbid he should go out, pick up a book on Iraq and spend a few hours learning what's actually taking place. Hell, for that matter, just search back through SportsJournalists.com. Three or four months ago, I posted a Time magazine piece that broke down the situation now into very understandable terms, laid out all the facts about who's fighting and why and broke down the long and complicated history of the region. There's shit like that all over the place.

Of course, that's not easy as having a pill-popping felon just tell you what to think on the drive in to work.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If he switched opinions like that from Wednesday to Thursday, then yes, he would be a hypocrite. But a lot happened between 1992 and 2007. What was true then might not be true now.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Six years ago, Iraq spent about $2 billion on its military. We spent about $330. Billion, that is. They had no navy, no combat-ready fleet, a poorly-trained army and were equipped with antiquated Soviet arms and tanks.

Somehow, old_tony believes this country was an imminent threat to the United States.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

LBJ, apparently you didn't get the memo, but the guy we caught and then beheaded, he was NOT a nice guy.

One down, 200 or so not-so-nice leaders to go.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Apparently another guy who didn't watch the video. It was your guy saying in 1992 how Iraq was teeming with terrorists and the first Bush wasn't being hard enough. His name is Al Gore.

I posted the link to the C-Span video of Gore's comments because I find it hilarious how all you lefties continue to claim there were no terrorists in Iraq and Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism before our invasion.

So the Gore video gets posted and now all you maroons are trying to say something along the lines that things are a lot different than they were back then -- as if Saddam suddenly decided to clear Iraq of terrorists ... when he himself was paying families 25K to have their kids strap on bombs.

Or, as fenian tries to claim: It's a civil war. But he missed the talking points about how all the combatants are terrorists who flooded in from other countries after our invasion because Iraq was just this peaceful little paradise before we went in to depose Saddam.

It can't be a civil war (as the lefties try to claim) if most of the combatants are from out of the country. The left claims both things. And that tells me that the left is simply making it up as it goes along. The only strategy the left has is this: Any lie to try to discredit Bush. But then lies are pretty much all the left has had for a looooooong time.

BTW, anyone notice the Congress approval ratings since the Dems have taken over?

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

One book. Is that too much to ask? That you read just one book on this shit before banging out dumbass post after dumbass post?

Hell, you pick it out and I'll help you read it.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The video is Gore making a speech in 1992 ripping on Bush I for being too soft on Iraq and its terrorist ties. Gore makes all kinds of detailed points about how much of the terrorism problem is Iraq-related. Today's left continues to insist that Iraq never had anything to do with terrorism. I'm just showing them one of their god's own words. They're going apoplectic in case you haven't noticed.

Draft saved Draft deleted