1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore ? OBama ? or MCain?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 17, 2008.

?

08 3 person race who would you vote for as President?

1. Gore

25.9%
  2. Obama

44.4%
  3. McCain

29.6%
  1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Al Gore is a wonderfully likeable public figure when he isn't running for political office. The wooden, nakedly political Gore -- the one that Michael Kelly once wrote "recites verbatim what is supposed to be his subliminal message" -- has been replaced with a witty and engaging speaker. But if he ran for office again, the odds are very high that he would pull a reverse Bulworth.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you believed the polls that were on three of the four networks on election day in 2004, Kerry was going to win. He had a significant lead and was kicking Bush's ass in the exit polls.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jeebus....

Some people.

I think one of the few reasons people still talk about Gore and 2000 is because, well, people like Mizzou try to bait them into making it an issue.

It's Obama or McCain, plain and simple. Decide, but for the love of all that makes America the wonderful nation that it is, PLEASE vote based on real issues. Not stupidity.

Oh, and Boom....it's Obama, not OBama. Last time I checked, Barack has never said Roll Tide!

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

But it couldn't hurt...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I wrote all that and that's the quote you use? Just for that...

Go Abuurn (yes...I know.)

Draft saved Draft deleted