1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore ? OBama ? or MCain?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 17, 2008.

?

08 3 person race who would you vote for as President?

1. Gore

25.9%
  2. Obama

44.4%
  3. McCain

29.6%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My feeling is that Al Gore would beat either candidate. What say you?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, I can see that given that he has such a tremendous track record of winning presidential elections...... ::)

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Write-ins for Hillary would not come in fourth on this list.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! HE WON IN 2000. IF HE WAS THE PRESIDENT NOW, 9/11 never would have happened, there would be no global warming and Tipper would have gotten rid of all that pesky rap music.

:D

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My favorite quote about Al Gore comes from Carville:

"One is always penalized for being right about too many things," Carville says. "Prophets are shot in this town."

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Another money shot from King James.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I truly believe Gore's fund-raising and citizen activism in a Dem primary would have made Obama's and Clinton's look piddly by comparison. I don't know why he chose not to run, but the guy seems content.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The guy is loving his life. Fairly or unfairly he's seen as a martyr and he comes across as much more likable than he ever did when he was running for president.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I cannot see how any Democrat of principle would support Gore after he deserted the party in 2004. Having allegedly had the 2000 election "stolen" and having an administration which if not on its heels in 2004, was more so in 2008, and the man never stood up to make amends for 2000? If he really felt like he had it stolen, why not settle the score by again offering America the principles he stood for? He didn't; instead, he decided that becoming a rich author was more important than leading, or saving, the country was. He cheated his party; therfore his party should ignore him.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bush wasn't quite on his heels in 2004. You still had a lot of people loyal to him because he kept shouting out '9/11' and claiming he was a 'war president'.

Gore probably figured that since it was so close in 2000, and that Bush had more momentum after four years, that he might as well let someone else take the loss. Thing is, more people started to realize what a F-up Bush is, and Kerry nearly took the election.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

And you don't think Gore would have fared better in the election than Kerry?

And what about 2008?

Draft saved Draft deleted