1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a hard time looking at the electoral maps and figuring out a way that McCain can win.

He got a boost by Strickland seeming to distance himself from Obama, but if McCain doesn't win Ohio he has no chance. Even if he does, he's going to need a lot of help.

2. Mizzougrad96

People want to distance themselves from the current administration and I don't blame them for that. I think both candidates would be colossal changes for the better, but McCain is going to get blamed (unfairly, IMHO) for things Bush did and the result will be Obama winning.

While I will be voting for McCain, I will not be upset in the least if Obama wins.

Both parties got it right in the primaries for once...

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

What's unfair? McCain can't suck up to Bush and run from him at the same time?

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yep - we agree on that.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thank God the multiway early GOP tussle saw Huckabee suck enough votes from Flipper to leave the way clear for ol' John. We are grateful.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think the Bradley Effect is over-rated. An excuse that is being built in to handle any possible sting.
    Obama's the favorite.
    McCain was the best of a bad bunch of Republican choices.
    Obama went by the rules and won the Democratic nomination.
    The electoral college map seems to favor Obama.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If the polls read 52-48 in raw popular going in, and BO loses 51-49, know of no other way to explain that away.

8. Mizzougrad96

The Bradley Effect will play a role, but I still think the electoral map favors Obama enough that it won't cost him the election.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I don't know about the whole Bradley effect thing. No offense, but I'm guessing a lot of people that wouldn't vote for Obama based on his skin color would be voting Republican anyway.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Like those Democratic primary voters in Pennsylvania.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Like I have said numerous times -- if you look at the electoral map here is the bottom line if I were Obama's people -- I'd head to Michigan and do everything in my power to win it because if he wins it -- ballgame over, series over, Obama wins, Obama wins.

He ain't losing Ohio and Pa., despite the wet dreams of the GOPers, and with those two states safely in his corner, he only needs to find 13 EV's to get home. Michigan has 17 -- and he is in a virtual dead heat there.

All of this other talk is wasted energy.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Are you on crack? You consider that GOOD?

Criminy.

23 percent picked the WRONG character ---- on a ballot where "intelligence" really doesn't factor in, so the fact that it was 7-year-olds or 77-year-olds is meaningless.

It was confusing. For young minds. Old minds.

Put that 23 percent into the 2000 election, and Buchanan gets 64,000 votes instead of 5,000.

Romney . . . if he were the nominee.

Giuliani . . . if he were the nominee.

Draft saved Draft deleted