1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gore endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dude .... if 500 morons in Florida had either a) not done their cutesy voting for Ralph Nader in stead of Gore or b) had not inadvertantly voted for Buchanan, paraphrasing Barry Pepper in Saving Private Ryan: pack your bags, election's over.

The sentiment that he "needs" Obama is uproarious.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fixed.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ah, more revisionist, factually incorrect history from Henry. It's his specialty.

Transcript from a speech given on Sept. 23, 2002 -- you know, Henry, about a year after Dems "cheered because of what happened on Sept. 11".

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iraq/2002/iraq-020923-gore01.htm

Here's the money quote:

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Damn, people just make shit up around here.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

This will end, but not well.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Political threads never do.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Damn. Some asses have been handed to some people on this thread.

Damn.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just a question in general about endorsements -- why are they news?

I mean, a Democrat endorses a Democratic candidate. BFD.

I understand it during primaries, when someone's backing might sway potential voters. But to me, it's not newsworthy at all if Gore supports Obama. Would he have not supported Clinton?

Find me a "name" who endorses a candidate of the opposite party, or who openly rejects his or her party's candidate. To me, that's the only way endorsements are news.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I really haven't heard Gore say much about this administration, so I was interested in hearing him rip the shrub.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You mean other than 2000 Democratic VP candidate Joe Lieberman openly campaigning for 2008 Republican Presidential candidate John McCain?
    Lieberman declared himself an independent because he was a crybaby who lost his party's primary for the senate seat he didn't want to give up so he ran as an independent and won and agreed to caucus with the Democrats.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Given the fact that the de facto leader of the Democratic party was married to one of the candidates, like it or not, Gore is the most known face of the party (along with maybe Ted Kennedy). I don't think that he's as popular as Bubba was before the primary season started, but I thought that it made sense for him to stay above the fray.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, too bad he shit the bed in an election he should have won easily.

Everybody is popular when they're not running for anything. Look at what happened to Bob Dole as soon as he lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted