1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gordon Brown Movie List

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting list of movies given to Brown by Obama:

[​IMG]

I might have included Patton and Shawshank

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

And I say this without any sense of irony at all, but other than GWTW, are there any significant black characters in any of these movies at all? (OK, fighters in Raging Bull.)

If it's me, I'm throwing in Road House as a bonus DVD.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Should have given him Trainspotting, Braveheart and Rob Roy, so Obama would know more about where Gordon came from.

4. HejiraHenry

?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Scotland. You know, return the favor?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I might have included Austin Powers and The Patriot

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the Powers Box Set would be much more suited to former deputy PM John Prescott, since he's a randy bastard.

The Patriot would be a good one to include, but you should probably throw in The Great Escape as well, just to dangle the idea of the 'Special Relationship' and give Gordon a boost.

8. HejiraHenry

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The relationships with Russia and China are more important to you guys, but we'll always be there for you.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would have thrown in "The Deal" - a movie about Brown and Tony Blair's agreement to have Blair be the front man and become Prime Minister. Michael Sheen is great as Blair (again) and Stephen Frears does a nice job directing. Actually learned a lot watching it.
    The thing is, aren't government officials required to pass up any gifts over a certain amount?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You don't even need to be in a stadium for that to break out. I've seen it happen, regularly, at ex-pat sports bars down here when England's playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted