1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gordie Howe resting after a stroke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good that he is resting. I would imagine that a stroke could make you
    really tired.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It could make you really dead. Resting is a very good thing.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Greatest player ever.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not even close

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A highlight of my writing career was the opportunity to listen to Gordie tell stories during morning skates at the Hartford Civic Center back in the '80s. Hope he recovers ok.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Might not be long now. His son:

“I feel like this is his final lap around the rink,” said Murray Howe, a radiologist.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

This post made me laugh.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife was at the mall about 10 years ago and some hockey player and his wife were signing books at the bookstore. She thought it would be cool if she bought one and had the guy and his wife sign it since it was close to Christmas.
    I open the present and see I have a personalized message from Mr. Hockey in his book he wrote (Mr. & Mrs. Hockey). My dad and I gasp. She had no clue who he was...she just knew he was an old Red Wing that people knew.
    Although happy I got my book, I'm still kinda mad she didn't know who he was and just call me to get to the mall to meet him instead...but oh well. Makes for a good story.
    I did get to meet Gordie twice since then and even told him that story. He got a chuckle out of it.

Best wishes No. 9.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Latest news is not good.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2014/11/16/detroit-red-wings-gordie-howe/19141189/

From the Mark Howe quotes, time may be getting short.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Free Press reports Gordie is in intensive care after suffering another major stroke Monday.

Draft saved Draft deleted