1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gopher CB arrested in sexual assault; 4 thrown off team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 16, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Re: Gopher CB arrested in sexual assault

Really, how often do you hear about a high school kid being a douche, though?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Look forward to the faculty letter decrying the culture of violence and drunken white male privilege.

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/mmedia/features/lacrosse_incident/lange_baker.html

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All four players dismissed from team...

http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1310759.html

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Couldn't have happened to better people.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just saying, this is more than Mason ever did in similar circumstances.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Glen "I really want the OSU job, but if I leave here, I'll be branded as a traitor" Mason is working on his new gig: studio monkey for the new B10 Network. I wonder how much does Revsine will have to put up with DiNardo and Mason: two underachievers who seriously thought they were overachieving. Thom Brennaman and Charles Davis are the #1 team for football, with Larrivee in the #2 team slot.

Back to the topic: Coach Brewster, you get a nod in my book. This helps your inaugural campaign immensely.

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

If the Big Ten Network was on the air tonight, does their nightly show -- catchily named "Big Ten Tonight," I understand -- cover the story? Ignore it completely? Grill Mason for recruiting those guys?
    Something like this will happen again (and again and again). I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not optimistic the cause of journalism will be served.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If the Fat Ten Network was on the air tonight, would anyone be able to watch is since Comcast has essentially told them to fuck off? There'd be seven families in Ohio that could give us a recap.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You hate to hear something like this.
    On a different note, though, how bad is Minnesota going to be this year?
    North Dakota State is already penciling in the 'W'

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The bottom half of the Big Ten is gonna really, really suck this season. Minnesota, Indiana, Northwestern and Michigan State are all going to be among the 20 worst teams in the country.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know you're kidding, but the Bison don't fuck around.

They'd give a lot of teams a run.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The verdict is in. They had video, a witness who saw the act, an expert testified she would have been in a coma or stupor from the alcohol, the owner of the cell tried to erase the video...

www.startribune.com/local/17554214.html?page=1&c=y

Draft saved Draft deleted