1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gopher CB arrested in sexual assault; 4 thrown off team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 16, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gophers football star charged with sexual assault

By David Chanen and Chip Scoggins, Star Tribune

Last update: July 16, 2007 – 3:41 PM
    MARLIN LEVISON , STAR TRIBUNE

University of Minnesota junior football player Dominic Jones was charged Monday with third-degree sexual assault after a three-month rape investigation that also involved three of his teammates, including his half brother.

Jones, a star cornerback, was arrested Sunday night and booked in the Hennepin County Jail. His arrest was tied to the sexual assault investigation involving three other players.

Prosecutors said those three players -- junior defensive end Alex Daniels, sophomore cornerback Keith Massey and sophomore running back E. J. Jones -- remain suspects in the case. Those three were arrested in early April on suspicion of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1305344.html

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: Gopher CB arrested in sexual assault

This is the third or fourth gang-rape accusation that has come OUT OF THAT BUILDING.

It's been open maybe seven years.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wait. It gets better. The Strib's new lead?

A teammate used a cell phone to videotape University of Minnesota football player Dominic Jones raping a woman who had passed out after drinking too much, according to charges filed Monday against the star cornerback.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sweet Jesus.

Somewhere, Glen Mason has no idea why he's laughing his sick fucking head off.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

There's a Starman, waiting in the sky....

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's pretty fucking disturbing. As someone who's pretty close to a rape victim, I struggle to find any appeal in ruining a person's life. Or being anywhere associated with the act.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

They're just some young guys emulating the NFL thug role models.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And now it all makes sense.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I know I'm not the only poster on this board who's been on fields and in lockerrooms in several sports and is never surprised by any sexual assault story. Disturbed? Yes. Surprised? Hell no.

Overhearing some of those douchebags talk about women is one of my least favorite parts of the job.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I love, love, love, love, love when they are so arrogant and stupid to record it because they don't see why the act is wrong in the first place and it comes back to hurt them.
    Rot in hell, pigs.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Glen Mason recruited all these guys. Maybe he's getting ready for his next run at the Ohio State job. ::) ::)

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Our paper covered one of those three in HS. Seemed like a nice enough guy from what I heard about him then. He was a star athlete in our area.

Draft saved Draft deleted