1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP VP thread: Palin is the pick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sorry; I guess it just pisses me off when crap like this is quietly accepted on a site that is supposed to represent my profession.

Everyone on both sides of the aisle (and do I really come off as being "on the right"?) should condemn this dunce.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think it's quietly accepted so much as people roll their eyes and move on. He's a dope. He can apologize, but he'll still be a dope. And he's pretty much a walking advertisement for the old days of the single political thread.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Excellent point, PCLoadLetter.

Just wouldn't mind if people like him (and Yawn, etc.) wouldn't put their names and their bile on a site that represents this great profession.

4. Why? Are we running for office?
    I think Spinning is a major partisan hack. So what? There are people who fit that category on both sides.
    What's the point of getting worked up about it?
    Do you condemn Old Tony when he says something that crosses the line?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Old Tony never crosses the line.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You want spinning to have to change his name to ScribePharisee?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Yes, I do.

Of course, I don't need to then . . . there's already a chorus. But hey, what's the point of getting worked up about that, right?

(And now we're back to "quietly accepted")

It should be condemned because this site isn't called "How The Hell Are Ya?" It's for Sports Journalists. It's very easy for visitors to see this garbage and say, "Ha, those sportswriters . . .what a bunch of a-holes."

Zeke: Yes, I am aware of ScribePharisee . . . but when someone leaves and returns under a new name, they are usually greatly diminished as a voice.

8. The thing you have to keep in mind, Piotr, is nobody takes Spinning seriously. We all see his act. Just like nobody took Yawn seriously.
    And I really think you're giving this board too much credit as the P.R. machine for our industry.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. markvid

markvid Guest

AREN'T we all aholes?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We certainly all have our assholish moments.

12. Piotr Rasputin

OK . . . fair enough.

But most of the heavily partisan posters on both sides have an "act," too. If one is attacked for one type of bigotry, then all should be.

Even if someone is a complete dunce (as spinning is), certain words, certain terms, cannot be allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.