1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP: Still looking out for the little guy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jul 23, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Major issue = talked about all the time by the party that believes it is a major issue (see Warming, Global).

Minor issue = completely ignored by the party that believes it is a major issue UNTIL the months right before an election, when measures are suddenly put on ballots to get as many people to the polls as possible (see Marriage, Gay).

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

EVERYONE is playing them. The GOP. The Democrats. Everyone is playing everyone. It's politics.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks politicians on either side are looking out for them, they are delusional beyond belief.

Republicans don't care about conservative Christian values and Democrats don't care about blue-collar workers. They only care about the next November.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Agreed, although I will be voting. Too many people around the world cannot do so in a legitimate election, so the least I can do in go to my local polling place.

5. nibs price

nibs price Member

Oh, I absolutely will vote, just not for TweedleDem or TweedleRep.

TBF, spot on.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Here's a witness from the congregation. Preach on, brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted