1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP Holding Bombshell Relevation On Obama Family for Fall 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I now have four sources (three who are close to senior Republicans) that there is video dynamite–Michelle Obama railing against “whitey” at Jeremiah Wright’s church. Republicans may have a lousy record when it comes to the economy and the management of the war in Iraq, but they are hell on wheels when it comes to racially divisive opposition research. Someone took the chance and started reviewing the recordings from services at Jeremiah Wright’s United Church of Christ. Holy smoke!! I am told there is a clip that is being held for the fall to drop at the appropriate time. Does Barack have an obligation to tell the Democrats and the superdelegates about this tape? Did Barack and his campaign do their basic homework and identify this tape as a potential problem? And, more importantly, do they have a copy? Probably better to deal with this issue now before the convention rather than wait for October. What do you think? http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/16/will-barack-throw-mama-from-the-train/

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Re: GOP Holding Bombshell Relevation On Obama Family for Oct 2008

Nobody actually uses the word "whitey."

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm going to go ahead and not believe this story.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

This is undoubtedly Hillary's "hail mary" to the superdelegates.

Smells like a Clinton operation 100%.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why wait until October? The Republicans should release it now, assuring that Hillary will get the nomination and that she'll lose in the general election because the blacks and youth that supported Obama in large numbers will stay home.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What did he ever do to Michelle Obama?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

In October 1987, I spent two weeks throwing darts at a picture of Whitey in my parents' basement. I enjoyed it. Of course, that was Whitey Herzog, and I was a Twins fan.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Why can't she love America like Condi?

[​IMG]

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The guy in charge of that Web site is a Clinton supporter.

And a flaming bigot.

Thanks for stopping by, deep.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Michelle Obama is Angry — “Whitey is still holding us down…” http://hereticdhammasangha.wordpress.com/2008/05/11/michelle-obama-is-angry-whitey-is-still-holding-us-down/

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The quote belongs to the columnist. You are a fucking idiot. I'm not sure I've ever said that to someone on this board. If I have, I misremember.

How a person who was given the opportunities that Michelle Obama has been given has the gall to play the victim is beyond me. Nonetheless, Michelle Obama is convinced that “they” (translated: Whitey) is attempting to raise the bar at every avenue to hold Obama down. The guy is on the verge of being the Democratic Candidate for President based primarily upon the color of his skin. He has had overwhelming support. The press has fawned over him as if he is the coming of the Once and Future King. Yet, “they” are holding Obama down. “They” are raising the bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.