1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP, er, PGA Tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Like Bill Clinton said at the DNC, "Thanks for the tax cut, Mr. Bush."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My point is that if Geoff Ogilvy and Jesper Parnevik are so uncomfortable with what they perceive a a hostile political environment on the American PGA Tour, why the hell did they, years ago, buy second homes in gated communities in the U.S. and proceed to live as high on the hog as any rich Republican golfer?

3. Hey, if he didn't like it, he always could have sent it back ...

4. or in a different industry all together.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't end Lyman. We're the UGLY AMERICANS! WE EAT OUR OWN!

Meanwhile, when asked to comment about the article, Tiger Woods simply said "The golf course looks good, my golf swing feels good, I like my chances."

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You left out the part where he says: "If I can make a few putts, I can have a chance."

7. "Can you go through your birdies and bogies please?"

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jim Rome, "pleased."

Meanwhile, the best place for these guys to make a buck is on the PGA Tour surrounded by a bunch of (allegedly) christian conservatives. What's the problem? They're maximizing earning potential. What if I had a position available at a paper that paid $150,000 (nearly twice what we make, according to ESPN) and said "but here's the catch: you'll be surrounded by co-workers that have almost the opposite viewpoint as you. They hate sports, they dont smoke, drink, do anything fun whatsoever, or ever - EVER - laugh. However...$150,000 a year."

Some of you would at least consider it. The rest I imagine would be at Kinko's.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Dead solid perfect.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If by "you", you mean the GOP, what is arguable about the line?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

8)

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'd take it, knowing that my presence among them would piss them off even more than theirs would me.

Draft saved Draft deleted