1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google's driverless car navigates DC streets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 18, 2012.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Seems to me resources could be put to better use taking more cars off the road and in mass transit than driverless cars.

Much as I like to drive, I also do take public transit. How about driverless buses and trains? I know some airports have such systems now.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When my dad was little, he went to either the World's Fair or some similar type of expo. Not sure what year it was - late 30s, maybe? He remembered seeing an exhibit where they said by the year 2000, cars would drive themselves on highways. He said he remembered seeing a mockup of a family in its car with the dad in the driver's seat, turned to face his wife in the passenger seat and kids in the back seat and they were all playing cards, as the car drove down the highway.

I hate the idea. I hate the cars parking themselves thing, too. I think these kinds of things make people lazy, inattentive drivers.

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sNpIE1.png

Draft saved Draft deleted