1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google Plus

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by buck_I_guy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. buck_I_guy

buck_I_guy Guest

I just created a Google Plus account and plan on discontinuing using Facebook to help promote work related topics. Who is using Google Plus? What are your experiences with it?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I love everything Google, which owns YouTube, which makes for great live-streaming capabilities.

G+ may never become Facebook, but it's a quality social network.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

FTW, I think it is more efficient to promote work-related topics through social networks that are actually populated. So a fan page on Facebook or Twitter account would be more useful than G+. I know that there have been a lot of articles recently about how G+ has so many active users, but Google is fudging the math. They count anyone with a Gmail adress as an active user. And many people have 2-3 gmail accounts for work, personal use and additional security or overflow. Anyway, I think G+ is pretty much only used by the tech crowd and social power users. Although, I'm a social media professional and I don't even use it.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Isn't G+ where the teenagers are hanging out with their punk music and the whatnot? At least that's where my son and his friends are. No Facebook for them.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

G+ is much more business- and tech-oriented.

I think that if you're going to post to Facebook and Twitter, you post to G+ and Instagram and Tumblr.

The Paris Review does a great job spreading its brand across every major platform.

Draft saved Draft deleted