1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Apr 5, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... and all other ads. I can see them now, even while using Firefox. It just started yesterday, and it's on every Web site I go to, including this one.

The settings on my Ad-Blocker Plus extension are the same as they always were. Except now I'm seeing ads, and it's slowing me down.

Any solutions or free upgrades that would be helpful?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This one can be blocked by ZoneAlarm....
    other's I can't always say.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I use Ad Block but haven't been having that problem...

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Likewise. I'm using Ad Block and it's doing its job. And my problems with getting Gmail on Firefox went away.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I will say that ZA had a recent upgrade. I downloaded it, suddenly all the ads it was supposed to block -- regardless of site -- appeared; pop-ups, banners all of it. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now, I dont even see intellitext ads.

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I would politely ask that if you are using a program such as AdBlock that you allow the ads to be shown when visiting this site. When they get blocked in lowers revenue and makes it all that much harder for me to pay the server bills each month! But do as you will...

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Fair enough; I just changed my settings to do that.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Me as well...

If I contribute another 15 bucks, how many months ad-free months does that buy me? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted