1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye "single" MU

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Jun 2, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In theory, yes...
    Sadly...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, MU, want me to drag this guy outside and kick the shit out of him?

Congrats, from one Major League fan to another.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

"It takes a real man to give away an angel."

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Congrats MU :)

Found online:
    10 things you need to know about staying married

1) The secret to a happy marriage is a selective lack of communication.
    2) Having two bathrooms doesn't hurt either.
    3) There is nothing to be gained by comparing your wife to your mother. Ever.
    4) The same goes for comparing her to her mother… times infinity.
    5) Don't cheat on her.
    6) Lie all the time, but don't lie maliciously.
    7) Never forget her birthday or your anniversary.
    8 ) Buying her something expensive doesn't automatically get you out of the doghouse, but it doesn't hurt.
    9) When you fight about money, remember that divorces are far more expensive than whatever it is you are fighting about.
    10) Never stop dating her. Never let her forget why you started.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Good advice, Sxy.

Mine is a little more basic: As long as you each believe you got the better half of the deal, you'll be fine.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Why lie at all? Maybe not include parts of the truth, but won't any lie sink a relationship?

7. You would think.

I'm a horrible liar and I hate doing it but I've actually been practicing "lying" to my wife in certain situations because she is deeply wounded when I'm not as enthusiastic about something as she is. She's actually the one who recommended that I do this, several times to be honest. "Can't you just lie, or pretend, you're excited?"

Sure. Whatever.

Oh, I mean, Absolutely!

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Oh, OK. Now I get it.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Then I'm fucked should I ever get married, 'cause there's no way I'd ever be able to do that. I don't lie and there aren't a whole lot of things that get me excited.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's actually a great idea. my wife and i have a terrific marriage but i could and should probably do a little more lying just to make her happier.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I physically can't bring myself to do it, and I would hope the woman I married would understand that going in.

12. I actually have a like-minded friend who took this further than I do. He, like me, does not have a jealous bone in his body, but a past girlfriend would get upset if he didn't get angry when another man would hit on her.

He started throwing fits to please her. Once over a beer, he and I laughed as he told me about how he told her he would tear a guy's head off if he ever spoke to her again. She ate it up. Luckily, they didn't last very long.

Draft saved Draft deleted