1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye, my friend.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Dear friend,

I remember when you first arrived at my home. You were annoying at first with your many wants and needs, but I looked past that. I particularly didn't like the yelping, but I grew to love it and you.

Your black fur was a constant companion to us, as was your playfullness and longing looks when you wanted to go out. I remember all too well thinking that we would lose you a lot earlier because of your fondness for wanting to bite the tires on the truck/car when it was pulled into the yard, but you were survived and continued to grow in our hearts.

I remember the day I moved away, leaving you, Buddy and Lady at the house and not remembering a day that went by when I didn't think you as I thought of my family. Everytime I came home, you were there to greet me. You loved having your back rubbed, and would often force it on someone's outstretched hand or foot.

I also remember your love/hate relationship with the garden hose. Always attacking the stream and getting soaking wet when you caught it and tried to bite it.

You survived Buddy, who went almost three years ago. You survived my mother who loved you as much as any owner could. But, as we all find out, you couldn't survive Father Time, who robbed you of your playfullness, but not of your love of human contact. There were many times late in your life that you climbed up on the couch and took a position next to me or my father, wanting nothing more than to be close to us.

So it was with the utmost heartbreak that we had to put you down today. Your back legs were dangling as I carried you to the car. You seemed to know your time was up and you gave me one last look as my father drove you to the vet's office.

You will be missed my friend. Be with my mother and Buddy now.

Love your owner!

RIP - Soda Pup. 15 years old.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

:'( :'( :'(

That was beautiful, Tommy. Hang in there. Sounds like you had a great pal for a long time...RIP, Soda Pup.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, Tommy.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Damn, my heart goes out to you, TD. Your love for him jumps through your words.

I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP, Soda Pup.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, Tommy. Soda Pup sounds like he was a lucky dog.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Awww. Happy trails, Soda Pup. Sounds like you had a good dad.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My condolences, man.

RIP, Soda Pup.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Nothing more that I can add.

RIP.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tommy sorry for your loss. Soda Pup sounded like a wonderful pet and friend.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As I read this, I look at Jack playing with a toy and Dottie walking in the room to put her head on my lap...
    Sorry about the loss, brother... It's a terrible loss.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn that was beautiful, Tommy. Very sorry for your loss.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i just had to hug my buddy logan

Draft saved Draft deleted