1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye Donnie Walsh

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Stepping down as Knicks prez and GM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6622321&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hello Isiah.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Too soon.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Dolan is a moron. And he is going to fuck up the team again. He didn't want Donnie Walsh getting the credit if they turn good. But Walsh could have been the best thing that happened to the Knicks, if Dolan would have just left him alone and let him do his jobs. The Knicks could have had Carmelo Anthony, without giving up as much as they did, but Dolan wouldn't trust Walsh. Now they need some size and a shooter. Isaiah will be whispering in Dolan's ear, even if he isn't on the payroll, and I will lay even odds they screw up. What a damned idiot.

One thing I didn't understand. The last year or so, I thought Walsh looked worse and worse, to the point where he was being wheeled in a wheelchair and had oxygen in his nostrils. Would that have been part of it, or is it Dolan just being an idiot?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ragu, I second everything single thing you wrote. Dolan is beyond a moron. Dolan is delusional and he doesn't "get it" about running a franchise. Never have, never will.

Walsh's health has been an issue. It's because the Dolans keep fucking with him and not letting him run the team in the way that it needs to be run.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whoever thought the Knicks would become the NBA's version of the Detroit Lions?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How do you know the Lions aren't the NFL version of the Knicks?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At least George Steinbrenner won a couple of championships during his reign of terror, and for all the crap he gave his employees, he never insisted upon them taking their free time to come cheer him on while he played his guitar.

Dolan hasn't won squat, and still treats his employees like shit.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why did Charles Dolan ever give this idiot kid control of the team?

Couldn't he have started a horse breading operation in Ocala and stashed him there?

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It's pretty bad when Larry Dolan is the "good" owner in that clan.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Didn't the Dolans want to get into the NFL at one point and were kept out?

I think they objected because of their cross ownership rules. But, I think they just didn't want the Dolans in.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sorry, YF, but I'm laughing picturing "horse breading," probably in preparation for serving at Long John Hi-Ho Silvers.

Draft saved Draft deleted