1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

good yontif....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 28, 2009.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You want noodle kugel? You want onion kugel? Talk to me, bubele ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

potato kugel makes my heart sing.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Missed seeing this last night so time to touch on most of the stuff mentioned here:

- Did the full fast, broke it with a small piece of cake at shul before heading over to my mother-in-law's for bagels and lox, some cheese, some fruit, some chocolate babka, and I forget what else. She lives 10 minutes from shul so it was easiest just to go to her place after the shofar blast.
    - I never liked gifilte fish until I had my mother-in-law's. It's the best. I'm not sure exactly what she does with the canned stuff to prepare it, but whatever she does, it comes out great. I eat it without horseradish
    - Speaking of horseradish, only eat the white one, the red variety (with the beets added) tastes horrible and is for wimps who can't stand the full power of horseradish
    - I spent nearly the entire day in shul. My wife's the Education and Programming Director where we go, so she had to be there during the day to run junior congregation. Then due to needing to feed Little E we returned for the afternoon services very late (but the delay allowed us to see a spectacular rainbow that had a double that was nearly faded), but we stayed for the afternoon/evening services until the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted