1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

good yontif....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 28, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

and best of luck enjoying the break fast dinner soon to all my jewish tribe members. i, for oner, neither fast nor go to shool, so i'm fine. to the rest, enjoy the shot of schnaps and the, um, scrumptious dairy feast to come.

oy!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For 2010 Yom Kippur, I have to atone for not fasting today.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was doing fine until about 15 minutes ago. I am seriously dizzy. Not happy.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The bagels and the spreads are in position and heading over to my temple now (which is all of 100 feet from my house). Breaking the fast the same way I have done for 25-plus years -- Swiss Fudge cookies.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Official Toronto sundown -- 748 pm.

14 minutes, thank G-d.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My temple let a little early. Six cookies and two bagels in. Now grilling some salmon for the second part of dinner.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Mmmmm... Bagels.

It's been probably a dozen years since I bothered fasting/attending services. I don't miss the fasting part, but, boy... I miss the feast afterward.

Someone have an extra piece of gefilte fish for me.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't know how you folks eat that stuff. It looks like it's rotting in the jar.
    Our neighbors the Levins always had a jar in the fridge. It is visually challenging.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Buck, gefilte fish is one of those foods that should only be eaten if homemade and, even then, with lots of horseradish.

We're home for half-an-hour now since break-fast. It's a revelation every year at the kiddush before break-fast that you can be happy to get a sip of Manischewitz.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Receiving reports that Lou faceplanted in the kugel, everyone heading to ER.

Happy healthy to everyone, hope you had an easy fast.

11. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Oddly enough, that stuff looked decent to me. It's been a long, long, long time since I've had it... Though, the last time was made with salmon, so it was really, really good (not sure if that's allowed... I'd only ever had it made from whitefish).

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

the only thing i loathe more than peanut butter is gefilte fish.

so, did someone say kugel?

Draft saved Draft deleted