1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Will Hunting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 31, 2008.

1. Roger that.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

To me, it was in the depths with "Gigli." Hopefully, he and Alec Baldwin settled out of court over that blatant "Glengarry Glen Ross" ripoff.
    At least it was a throwaway cameo for Ben. Did Vin Diesel's career ever recover from that turkey?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

GWH rocks. That was among the first movies I saw with my now-wife when we were dating and it sort of spoke to us, specifically at the end where Damon drops everything to chase the girl. We were doing the long-distance relationship at the time and that ending was just really cool.

Of course, the next year, Damon in Rounders leaves girl to go chase the WSOP. Go figure, mine didn't like that so much.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Williams' last line in the flick -- the last line in the flick -- was ad-libbed.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think movies with the general plot of "galactic-class genius looks like ordinary guy," such as "GWH," "A Beautiful Mind," and "Phenomenon," strike a chord with audiences, because they can imagine themselves as the genius.

Very amusing for those of us who actually are geniuses. ::) ::) ;) :D :D

6. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

17. EuroTrip (2004) .... Donny

"Because Scotty doesn't know!
    Scotty doesn't know! (X3)
    So don't tell Scotty!
    Scotty doesn't know!

Don't tell Scotty!

I can't believe he's so trusting,
    While I'm right behind you thrusting.
    Fiona's got him on the phone,
    And she's trying not to moan.
    It's a three-way call and he knows nothing!"

I completely forgot about that one...I remember my buddies and I argued until we got home about whether or not that was actually Matt Damon. IMDB solved it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Eurotrip was an OK film with one spectacular cameo. I actually saw it in the theater and as everyone was walking out, everyone was just talking about the Damon cameo.

Draft saved Draft deleted