1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Will Hunting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 31, 2008.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

GWH really hit me because I attended Game 7 of the '75 Series. Granted, I was a good deal younger than Williams' character at the time, but it made me wonder whether I could've made the choice he did.
    I'd have asked for her number, than called to see if she wanted to meet up at a bah for Game 7.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Right because, well, they were two of the main characters. By the way: You're right. They sold it to Castle Rock first. So says, Wiki, at least.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think there was more than dollars in front of Affleck's eyes for Gigli. He was able to do a movie with his girlfriend, and who wouldn't want to do that? I'm pretty sure on the Jersey Girl commentary, Affleck said he doesn't regret the decision at all. He learned from it.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think he and Lopez met on the set of Gigli. She was married. He took out a full page ad in some newspaper praising her. She got divorced. They went public.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know what I'd do, either, Terrier. I think it'd be one of those in-the-moment decisions. I'd like to believe I'd see about the girl, but World Series tickets?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Really? Hmm.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Chasing Amy is pretty damn good - but mostly because of Jason Lee.

8. sportschick

As Chris Judd (the hubby) said, "I had a pretty good idea who her next boyfriend was going to be."

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, this article (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/01/22/affleck.lopez.ap/index.html) says they dated from 2002 to 2004, and Gigli was released in August, 2003. But I'm not going to pretend to know anything about Gigli's production schedule. So I concede this one to you, SC. I've never seen that movie, and I likely never will. I'm just going to remember Ben Affleck for the good work he's done.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

WFW.

I grew up in the neighborhood where the movie is set, and the school where my mom worked at the time was used for some of the filming, so of course it speaks to me, a lot.

To me, the best scene is near the end, when Chuckie goes to pick up Will. No one answers the door. Chuckie smiles. (EDIT: Stupid me, I didn't even see DD mention that same scene in his post at first when I skimmed through it. What a tool I am.)

And Minnie Driver's fantastic performance has me wanting to name my first daughter Skylar.

11. sportschick

Gigli was delayed because they reshot massive portions of it after some awful early screenings. They still couldn't fix it.

I will say this. I've seen it, and blocked most of it from my memory, other than Affleck's massive arm tat (yea, can you say turnon for SC?). Unless you have a thing for men's arms tattoos, stay away. It's gawdawful. Not so much the acting, but basic premise of the script and the dialogue (not to mention that Ben had already played one character who got a lesbian to go straight for him.).

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got Glitter as a gag gift at my college newspaper, and it's been sitting on my shelf since 2004. Maybe one night this summer, I'll rent Gigli and watch both of them to say I did.

Draft saved Draft deleted