1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Will Hunting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 31, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... is on the local station right now. Damn, I forgot how great this flick is. Even after all these years, it's incredible to realize that Affleck and Damon wrote it. I'd forgotten how involved the script is, with the psychology and historical references. Just mind-blowing fantastic.

Not to mention Robin Williams' performance. Probably the best thing he's ever put on film, mainly because it wasn't just some derivation of him. This was real acting for him.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That movie is easily in my top 10. The stories are amazing, and the acting is great, too. I bought the DVD a few months ago and watched it twice that night. I love it.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's probably my favorite nonfantasy movie. It's amazing how much talent Affleck and Damon have. In fact, Affleck's probably a better writer than actor, least if that movie's any indication.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They were supposed to write a second movie (not Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season), but I haven't heard anything about it.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's in my top 10, too. Love everything about it.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Applesauce, bitch.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Never saw it.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I liked it the first time I saw it. I've liked it less with each subsequent viewing.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Then why post on the thread? So you can show how big and tough you are cause you've never seen it? Jesus.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's had the opposite effect on me.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No. I made a statement of fact. I never saw the movie. It's one of the flicks that I need to catch.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here, and I even loved it the first time.

In fact, I really need to watch it again. It's been a few years since I last saw it.

Draft saved Draft deleted