1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Time Girl: Teacher's aide, 34, booze, weed, condoms and teens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 25, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Everybody's gotta have a hobby.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Yes, because none of us in the Northeast realize there are trashy people in our midst. We gave the nation Pam Smart for chrissakes.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If I ever write a novel, Abbiejane Swogger is going to be the name of the main character.

You really couldn't make that one up.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You know, that would make for a great thread.

The first three grafs of everyone's novel about Abbiejane Swogger...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny, I didn't even look at this thread until I realized where it was (I saw the story on the Post-Gazette website). If I had heard the story and had to guess where in the Pittsburgh area it happened, this would have been one of my first choices.

The Valley News Dispatch, a daily owned by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, is not far from the Clarion Inn. A story that always struck me about the place, from a few years back. The local police allowed the VND to send a reporter and a photog along on a bust of a crack house. Of course, you'd think it would have been hard for the VND people to miss because the house was right next to their office's parking lot, which also happened to be about a block away from the police station.

Think about that. They were selling crack in a house that is across a service alley from the local paper's office and a block away from the police station.

Other interesting note: I didn't see anything about this on the Tribune-Review's website, including the VND page. For the VND to get beat that badly on this one is pretty damn ugly.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So are the kids in the room special ed?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From stripper to teacher's aide. Interesting.
    There's a small pic in that TV link.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

saying she rented the room with two female friends in their early 20s and was drinking beer there with them so her sons, ages 12 and 15, wouldn't see her drinking at home

Clubhouse leader for flimsiest excuse of all time.

And the reporter's name was "Amy McConnell Schaarsmith."

How'd you like to have to sign that on a check?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ha--well said.

There are certain times where you're caught red handed and you're just better off to admit the truth than try to spin up some lie that is so outlandish, it can never believed. This is one of those times.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno.

My friends are always trying to set me up with blind dates in motel rooms, then a bunch of teenage girls burst in and won't leave.

That doesn't happen to you?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

You be the judge.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted