1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Shepherd query (contains major spoiler)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rambler, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Rambler

Rambler Member

For anyone who has seen "The Good Shepherd," is it Matt Damon's son's finger that is sent back to him in the coffee tin? Meaning his son is dead?

I got caught up in one of the flashbacks and didn't know if it was him or someone else.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I really liked the movie. Great cast.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No, it's the finger of the operative they sent to Cuba. The guy he told not wear his class ring.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Great flick ... though I can understand why people might find it slow. Best thing that MD ever did.

Pretty plain tho' on the call about the finger/ring. Hard to follow in parts. Not that part, My 15-year-old got that much but missed other connections. The Soviet defector (or not) was a little harder to track.

I hope Oscar remembers ... I doubt it.

YHS, etc

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. The defector sort-of turned me around a little, too. I really wasn't sure who to believe, especially after the second guy jumped out the window.

Draft saved Draft deleted