1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good samaritan sued by victim she saved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Didn't see another thread on this and search turned up nothing. Anyway, woman is suing her good Samaritan friend because, the woman says, when her friend pulled her body from a car wreck, she caused paralysis.

Absolute BS that this lawsuit is allowed to go on, I say. Friend was just trying to help. All this lawsuit does is send the message that you're better off from a legal standpoint letting someone suffer and potentially die in an accident than trying to help, because they may sue you for it later. I'd love to hear the samaritan's viewpoint of what happened.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_on_re_us/samaritan_protection

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The suer has to go to jail, or get pancreatic cancer.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It' s hard out here to be a Good Samaritan (or a whistleblower)...

:'( No one is protected from being a good person or doing the right thing anymore.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

please don't make a punch line out of pancreatic cancer

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

This shit happens more frequently than you would imagine. It's one reason why people don't want to get involved.

6. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

And that is the shame with our legal system, which is bleeding our country dry to line the pockets of scummy lawyers. I like what John Stossel said about lawyers, that they are like nuclear weapons. They are a necessary evil and one that should be used as little as possible.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

I had a teacher who lost use of his hand because a good samaritan screwed up while caring for him after a car wreck. He said he never even thought of suing the guy. Just sincerely thanked him for trying.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I ain't joking.

9. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Next, she should sue the car maker, the guy who paved the road, and the idiots who cut down a tree to put a stupid utility pole in her way.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm just glad trial attorneys aren't as evil and greedy as big oil and big tobacco.....

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Hopefully someone can turn around and sue her parents for procreating.

Draft saved Draft deleted