1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Read on the fall of Baseball Tonight (and overall on the WWL)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, May 30, 2007.

1. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

http://clevelandtribeblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/baseball-not-tonight.html

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

The good old days were apparently two years ago.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Need I say more?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for stopping by, BLOG!!!!!! guy.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was just thinking a bit ago how BBTN was so much better, because they had enough time to talk about the sport. Cramming a full schedule's worth of highlights and analysis in 20 minutes is absolute bullshit. Use ESPN 2 or the fucking Ocho or whatever for the full hour it used to have. And just let Karl Ravech, who is a fucking pro and a half, do his thing. Make sure Orel Hershiser is there next to him, because he's a fabulous analyst. I don't mind Kruk and Steve Phillips is a fucking nitwit. But just give me the fucking hour back.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

WFW.

I wish Ravech, Kruk and Hershiser were on every show.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that Baseball Tonight is the best thing on that network right now.

Are they done talking about the Yankees yet?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree.

9. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

I agree. As I was watching BBTN tonight - sandwiched between the NBA Shootaround and NFL Live - I found that blog entry. As BBTN gave way to NFL Live, I had to question why we are subject to 20 minutes of NFL coverage, when there's nothing going on in "the league" aside from the usual suspect behavior of its felons (or players, whichever you prefer)?

I can agree with a 30/30 split on BBTN and the NBA, given the time of year; but why the hell do we need NFL Live (Which is also on every day this week at 4 PM EDT) at the end of May?! If ESPN is trying to compete with the NFL Network, its going to take a lot more than 50 minutes of specialized programming a day.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Because both Paul Tagliabue & ESPN made the idiot masses think they need to hear about football all year 'round.

11. Hate to say it, but that happened 30 years ago.

12. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

The thing with BBTN is most of what the panel is saying is BS. Unless you're close to a team, you don't realize that. Any time talk about the team I cover, they're usually way off base, and I can only guess it's like that when they talk about other teams, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted