1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Ole Mountain Dew Racist Ad Pulled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 2, 2013.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No they wouldn't, because black guys are good athletes and generally don't have to wear suits to work.......

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

In advertising, pretty much all dads are dumb regardless of race.

3. zagoshe

There is this as well - it is OK to portray men as dumb and incompetent, especially white men -- but not women.

Just more of the double standards we are supposed to not see

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Poor men. We have it so rough in the world.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not what I wrote, but I appreciate your attempts at conversing.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the funniest movies of all-time.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Of course, the "that is correct" doofuses were white. But they were on the side of the angels in liking imports over Bud Light.

8. zagoshe

No just straight white men who work white collar jobs or "hillbillies" that like their guns and church sermons.

Those two groups are fair game to rip on any time anyone wants because they don't have the thought police from the "tolerance and diversity" crowd to whine and cry for them every time someone offends their sensitivities

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

FYP.

10. zagoshe

Wah, wah, I'm going to run to the moddies because you changed my words in the quote function. I'm scarred for life. This is terrible. This is not fair. This is not following the rules for those of us who are buying into the way we do things in this nation of wusses, wah wah......

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

But all of those guys -- every single one of them -- were framed by a racist justice system. None of them are actually guilty. Don't you ever watch movies?

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

As proudly every single one of those things, I don't want the thought or PC police speaking for me. First, it's damn near impossible to offend me. If something does offend me, I'm fully capable of tuning it out instead of whining and demanding that someone be sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted