1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

good office parties

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 14, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"I'm giving you a raise!"

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Fireworks and a wedding proposal usually does the trick.

3. That's what she said.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

You're lucky if you still have parties celebrating employee birthdays or anniversaries. These days, the only gatherings we have are when people are leaving and it's their last day or when the publisher herds us all up to tell us how great we're doing, but that times are tough and the person next to you may not be with us tomorrow.

5. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

We have someone leaving this week...lots of side wagers going on as to whether or not he'll get a goodbye cake. He's hoping not.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You're lucky if you have that -- at my last stop they stopped doing going-away gatherings because so many people were leaving.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My place has bought so many cakes that they probably could have saved three jobs during the last layoff.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Any best office party stories?

9. Sammi

Sammi Member

At our goodbye parties, you can tell how well the employee was liked. Well-liked: cake from the bakery that uses butter in its cakes. Not so well-liked: grocery store-bought cake.

I've worked at my current place for 20 years. We had one Christmas party. Too many people got drunk. End of parties. Then again, each day at work is a party!

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Similar thing here. Off-campus Christmas party at a local watering hole. One of the women, who had a rather lovely bosom, was wearing a low cut shirt and playing pool. Her tits were practically flopping out. So, one of the guys she was playing with jokingly suggested she just whip em out.
    She did, god bless her.
    Next thing you know, it was a contest between no less than three women.
    I believe that was the last off-campus Christmas party we had. :'(

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope your utility belt was well stocked that night.

Draft saved Draft deleted