1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news if you're a Futurama fan ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Twenty-six new episodes to run on Comedy Central as soon as mid-2010.

http://tinyurl.com/lftuzh

Sadly, still no Life In Hell series.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yay!
    I got the impression from the last movie, well it wasn't an impression on the DVD commentary, Groening and Cohen said they were done.
    And they made the last movie as kind of a finale.
    Guess not.
    And I'm such a baby, the episode with Fry's dog always makes me cry.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I have always considered the end of that episode, with "I Will Wait For You" playing, to be one of the saddest endings to anything on film that I have ever seen. Any show. Any movie. Anything filmed. Ever.

Or most poignant. Maybe "saddest" is the wrong term.

Regardless, I cry every time. I'm such a baby, I get dusty ANTICIPATING that scene.

This one's for you, Jay:

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

5. KYSportsWriter

How many movies have there been? I watched Bender's Big Score a few weeks ago, but I don't think I ever caught the second one, if there was one.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

There is at least one more: "Beast with a Billion Backs"

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Glad to hear it's coming back. Love the show for so many reasons.

Fry's dog gets the most ending love, but there are tons of great ones. The end of the episode where Leela meets her parents is fantastic, as is the ending of the last of the original series, where Fry dials up a crudley drawn Leela and himself on the holophoner.

Come to think of it, that opera episode is one of my favorite ever, in any show.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"Bender's Game" and "Into the Wild Green Yonder" IIRC are the other two.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The one with the time skips, where they play basketball against the Globetrotters, was great too. Funny episode in it's own right, and then at the end you see Fry's love note in the stars to Leela blown to smithereens -- and he just kind of accepts it. It's heartbreaking.

10. KYSportsWriter

One of my faves is where Leela and Fry have to pop the can lids in a certain order to override the Planet Express ship. Fry sees Leela's oxygen running low and hooks his up to hers.

The 'you leave me breathless' candy heart is an awesome touch.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

If these are not the movies cut into three episodes each, then my wife and I are about to be the happiest people on the face of the planet!
    You have to love a series that has a payoff for a joke in the first episode in a movie that they release years later after being canceled even.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm disappointed that no one has yet suggested that someone else bite their shiny metal ass.

So I'll do it - bite my shiny metal ass! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted