1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for the Devil Rays and Royals!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You went to today's game? Damn, I'm jealous.

As for that at-bat, it sounded like nothing else in recent memory as he stepped to the plate. Just an incredible applause for a kid who had never even swung a bat for the Royals before.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ladies and Gentleman, the Royals cannot lose them all.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It would be nice to see a team with a payroll of $17 zillion beat the Royals once in awhile. What is that, 6 of 7?

And it would be nice to see a lineup of Ortiz, Ramirez, etc. put up more than one run on Kansas City. That's the third time in nine games that Boston has scored one run on the Royals.

Sad.

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Absolutely. Clearly the Royals are going somewhere this year and the Red Sox aren't.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow, really glad I opened this thread, and rolled away to talk to my boss while the top post was still visible. You know, from space.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Well, the chances of the Royals finishing anywhere but last are pretty slim. They do after all play in the best division in baseball.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Any other division, they'd be top two.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. When the other four teams all have teams that could win the division, that's no easy draw.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

AL East - fourth or fifth
    AL West - third or fourth
    NL Central - Third or higher
    NL East - Third
    NL West - Third

But bottom line right now is the Sawx are being owned by the Royals, and I find it pretty amusing.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Somebody want to tell me why there's a camera position behind one of the fountains in center at Kauffman? What, there wasn't a chain-link fence to shoot through?

12. Jimmy Pips

Jimmy Pips Member

The strength of the Royals' division may end up being a tremendous benefit to them in the long run. Even as they improve over the next year or two, it probably won't show up much in the win/loss column with all the games they'll be playing against their AL Central mates. They pick second, I think, in the upcoming draft, and they're likely to have a couple more seasons of being able to pick in the top 5, getting more talent to strengthen a core of Gordon and Butler and the young arms they're bringing along. That could be a scary-good team in four or five years.

Of course, if you're the Red Sox, they already are scary.

Draft saved Draft deleted