1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for the Devil Rays and Royals!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

True, but even when the Royals got swept in Fenway in the first series, they lost 5-4, 1-0 and 1-0. And the other game they lost to Boston also happened to be a one-run game.

In fact, didn't Curt Schilling allow something like seven or eight extra-base hits to the Royals in one game last season?

EDIT -- Looked it up, Schilling allowed 10 extra-base hits in seven-plus innings last August in KC, tying the AL mark. Sox lost.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oz, did you get the Blue or the White Meche jersey? ;D

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Fixed. :D

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But not answered.

I hope Gordon has a monster year. Against everyone but the Twins.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No jersey yet, but I would get the blue Gordon. I'm curious to see him play tomorrow.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I wonder if MLB did that to try and get Boston and New York off to a hot start. That makes no sense to me, but c'mon...the two darlings of baseball open up against the two punching bags.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or...MLB is repaying the Yankees for opening on the west coast every year since 1898.

If the Sox and Yankees are going to play in the ALCS, it won't be because they opened the season by going against the JV.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It was free t-shirt night. All these fucking bandwagon Sawx fans talking shit on the Royals all night, and then they promptly got pimp-slapped by a 100-loss team. Not once, not twice, but three times.

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Looks like it's MLB.tv for me.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, nothing says MLB on ESPN quite like the Royals and Red Sox....
    Someone remind me again which team won the American League last year.... Boston? KC? New York? Yeah. that's it. Must be New York.

11. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Maybe ESPN can put a countdown clock on the screen. How much time until the Yankees and Sox play their next five-hour 14-8 game? God, please let it be soon.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Sounds like you can't wait for the ESPN hype surrounding the first Yanks/Sawx series!

Too bad they won't have many Tigers/Twins games on.

Draft saved Draft deleted