1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for one former Rocky staffer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From The Pipeline (and Facebook, too, so I'm told):

Jeff Legwold, former Broncos beat writer at the Rocky Mountain News, has been hired by the Denver Post to join their Broncos beat.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yay for Legwold, who had the truest quote of all from one of those videos the Rocky staffers did. It's in MileHigh's sig.

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Congrats to Jeff! Good to see him land on his feet. Hopefully his Rocky peers quickly follow suit.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Indeed he does. See below.

Great, great guy. Very happy for him, obviously.

5. accguy

accguy Member

In honor of MileHigh's quote, I just started the awesome final video on Rockymountainnews.com. Again.

That music just makes me want to cry.

Anyway, great for Legwold. He once worked at a paper I worked at (not at the same time), so I'm thrilled for him.

6. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Congrats to Jeff.

7. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

One question, does anybody know if this was an added position? I assume it is.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wasn't his wife one of the people that the Post took on when the News shutdown or do I have that all wrong?
    Congrats though. Legwold used to have a running feud with some of the TV folks, and he would go up behind their cameras and unhook some of the cables so they wouldn't have audio and such.
    Or so reliable sources tell me.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A tenacious bulldog. Deserved to land on his feet.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A former Rocky business reporter who the Post took on in late February left, and it's that spot. Also, Jeff's wife was not one of the 11 the Post took on when the Rocky closed, but she landed on her feet at ProPublica early on after the Rocky closed.

11. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

How many people does the Post have covering the Broncos?

12. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

The Post has three on the Broncos beat -- Mike Klis, Lindsey Jones and, now, Jeff Legwold. Not to mention their columnists from time to time -- Woody Paige, Dave Kreiger (another former RMN guy), Jim Armstrong and Mark Kiszla.

Draft saved Draft deleted